12 November 2006

How Long?

Well now that the Democrats have finally arrived I hope they are able to provide the necessary checks and balance the way that this nation's architects designed the government to operate. It will be a nice change indeed now that they have regained the congress. I have to say though I wish they could have won in landslide mode so it would be clear they were the party of choice but you have to take what you can get for now. It is going to be very important that the Democrats develop a smart platform to launch from for 2008 that is unique and different from what they are offering now. I hope they are thinking landslide when it comes to their strategy for taking back the white house as well and the congress. I think what they need is someone who can shape/voice the party's platform in a way that does not alienate the masses. If they can package it so irresistibly who knows what might happen.

And I keep hearing it being said that this democratic congress will not seek to be sidetracked by being investigatory but I don't know if they will be able to keep that stance. I understand their not wanting to appear like they are taking revenge, misusing power, and wanting to be all bipartisan and such so that matters important to the party and the people can get done . Ahh how sweet. What a noble and self restraint stand. But will those that voted them into office tolerate that? I have seen some movements pop up on the internet that intends to push this congress for investigations and accountability. What the founders of this nation intended when they set up this system of checks and balances. So it will be interesting to see how long the Democrats' hands off posture will last. If there were laws that deliberately were broken on the run up to 9/11/2001 until now, will they be able to keep that stance? I would hope that they would follow the rule of law above anything. I think those of the Republican Party would love to hold back the investigations via "the people want like that" or "we need an Iraq solution instead of investigations". If laws were broken there needs to be a check and a balance. I think the people will understand that. I don't think they would be displeased not one bit. It may even put the democrats on that path to a landslide.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2006/11/9/145428/748

No comments: